The Honor Card Annual Holiday Campaign
This year is the 33rd anniversary of The Honor Card, designed by artist William “Bill” Mangum. Since 1988, program has raised more than $8 million for people in need in North Carolina.
For a minimum $5 donation per card, buyers receive a beautiful card that is given in the person’s honor at the holidays – and 100% of the donation goes directly to help our neighbors facing food and housing insecurity. Expenses for the production of the card are underwritten by William Mangum, an anonymous donor and the Wells Fargo Foundation.
The Greensboro retail locations listed below will carry the 2020 Honor Card starting November 7th.
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers Friendly Center
- Brown-Gardiner Drug Store, 2101 N. Elm Street
- ClubFitness at Green Valley, 1909 Lendew St.
- Dan Boswell’s Spectrum Salon, 305 State St.
- Fleet Plummer, 2437 Battleground Ave.
- Just Be!, 352 S. Elm St.
- Leon’s Style Salons (All Greensboro Locations)
- Looks Salon, 603-B Milner Dr.
- My Friend Kate, 1564 Highwoods Blvd. (New Garden Rd. area)
- Scissor Talk, 2823-H Spring Garden St.
- Scuppernong Books, 304 S. Elm St.
- Simply Megs, 1616-H Battleground Ave.
- Sweet Tea Studio & Boutique, 401 State St.
- Swoozies, Friendly Center, 3334 W. Friendly Ave., #115
- The Art Shop, 3900 W. Market St.
- The Extra Ingredient, Friendly Center, 801 Friendly Center Rd.
- The Gazebo of New Garden Nursery, 3811 Lawndale Dr.
- Greensboro Urban Ministry – reserve cards for pickup by clicking HERE. (Specific pickup dates and times are listed at the bottom of the link page)
- Various congregations throughout the city
This program has expanded to other communities across North Carolina. To see the list of agencies located outside of this area that are participating in the Honor Card program click HERE.
CLICK on the image below to watch the inspiration for this years Honor Card!
READY TO ORDER 2020 HONOR CARDS? CLICK HERE to go to the Honor Card digital catalog!
**DISCLAIMER** Due to the seasonal volume of mail and longer delivery times due to Covid, Honor Cards have been taking over a week to arrive at local addresses. Due to not being able to guarantee timely arrival, we will stop accepting card orders to be shipped after December 8ths. We reccomend purchasing cards from one of the locations above. THANK YOU for your support!