Greensboro Urban Ministry is a caring team of men and women who believe that together we can build a stronger community. We are looking for people who share our passion for helping others!
These are the current job openings at Greensboro Urban Ministry:
Truck Driver, Food Pantry
Full-time position, $10.50 per hour. Must have a clean driving record.
For more information contact Mary O’Neill , 3336-553-2672.
- Manage, prepare and assist with all Daily Financial transactions: grants, donations and restrictions, payroll, accounts payable and expenditures, bank reconciliations, endowment recording, etc. utilizing fund accounting
- Develop and oversee the annual Budget
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and cash flow statements, with forecasting to meet operating needs
- Responsible for, in collaboration with the leadership team: payroll, insurance, and other benefits
- Ensure the preparation and accuracy of the annual external audit including Form 990 and Form 5500
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place to support the receiving of revenue and recording of functional expenditures related to special fundraising events and activities
- Develop and manage proper internal fiscal controls
- Provide financial data to assist the development team with grant writing and reporting
- Work with the Executive Director and leadership team in the acquiring and maintaining of all policies, procedures, Human Resources related matters, and external contractual relationships
- Supervise/lead finance department staff; currently, one full-time assistant.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team as both a thought partner and provider of financial information necessary for making sound decisions
- Report monthly financial statements to the Finance Committee, attend meetings and support the work of the committee as needed
- Attend Board of Director, Executive Committee, and other Board related meetings as needed for financial reporting purposes
- Represent GUM at organization events and other community meetings as needed
- Other duties as the Executive Director may deem necessary
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Office environment
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends and to handle emergencies, outside normal working times on limited occasions
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moving about the office, speaking, hearing, writing, keyboarding, problem solving, planning, interpreting data, making decisions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance, Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Nonprofit accounting, recent preferred
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Financial management and stewardship of funds
- A team player
- Strong skills in organization and attention to detail, leadership and decision making, ability to work with a broad spectrum of people, customer service
- Strong people management/supervisory skills
- Competency with Blackbaud software Financial and Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office
- Strong skill in Program Budget management
- Excellent communications skills
LICENSES AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Active CPA Preferred
Email your cover letter and resume including salary expectations to:
Please put: Attn: Finance Director Search in your subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Resumes received by Monday November 25th will be given priority