Greensboro Urban Ministry is a caring team of men and women who believe that together we can build a stronger community. We are looking for people who share our passion for helping others!
Current Job Openings:
JOB TITLE: Donor Relationship Manager
REPORTS TO: Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt;
$35,000-$37,000 with benefits
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
POSITION SUMMARY: The Donor Relationship Manager is a full-time position that works as an integral part of the Development Team and reports directly to the Development Director. The Donor Relations Manager provides comprehensive administrative assistance to the organization, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgments, printed material inventory, prep materials for donor meetings). In addition, the Donor Relations Manager will liaise with the finance and program managers in gathering program statistics and financial information required for grant reports to funding organizations and internal strategic planning. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence and juggle various projects at once while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission. This position is responsible for working to collect, analyze, and apply data to the daily operations, build stronger relationships with our donors, and improve donor intimacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate and communicate a deep understanding of and commitment to the agency’s mission, values, and vision
- Understand and adhere to the highest standards of ethical fundraising practices, maintaining the confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Serve as database manager driving process, ensuring accuracy and overall team utilization
- Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition, on-going communications, and continued cultivation of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with GUM and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Assist with final reports for grants and other writing needs.
- Maintain and enhance donor data using Raiser’s Edge software
- Process and acknowledge donations in a timely manner, including honor and memorial gifts
- Reconcile data with business/finance
- Assist with donor research as needed and as appropriate
- Prepare monthly and periodic fundraising reports, mailing queries, and other reports needed to support donor management and stewardship.
- Manage the execution of donor stewardship for team; examples include managing board/staff thank you calls and/or notes, stewardship events, in-house meetings
- Provide general clerical support
- Answer general development department phone inquiries.
- Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors (via phone, computer, and face-to-face).
- Personally, support donor thank you calls
- Support the strategic planning efforts of the organization by the collecting and reporting of key program data based on established metrics
- Support community outreach by being present at community events as time permits (Feast of Caring, Honor Card Luncheon, CROP Walk, etc.)
- Draft and update donor acknowledgment materials with guidance from Development Director
- Attend regular development team meetings and other meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by Development Director
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a minimum two years of nonprofit donor relations experience.
- Raiser’s Edge experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
- Proven track record of completing assignments and meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated, as well as collaborative, with a strong appreciation of the team approach to fundraising/development
- Dedication to detail and accuracy, as well as an understanding the importance of data and how data guides and informs fundraising decision making
- Desire to support the development team in its goal to engage stakeholders more deeply in Greensboro Urban Ministry in ways that meet their needs and bring value to their lives
- Affinity for the vision, values and mission of Greensboro Urban Ministry