Current program changes & needs:
This page will be updated on a regular basis so please check back for additional updates.
- We are open and all GUM programs are still in operation.
- GUM’s Emergency Assistance Food Pantry is open FOUR days a week. TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY 9:30am – 3:30pm. For the month of JULY APPLICANTS CAN COME TWICE PER MONTH. Applicants can receive food once per month. bring a photo ID and a copy of your SS Card or official documentation containing your SS# or ITIN. Be prepared to complete an application.
- Healthy volunteers are needed to help fill grocery orders in the Food Pantry (Tu, Thurs, & Fri) and Potter’s House community kitchen can use volunteers to help package and hand out to-go meals during breakfast and lunch. Individuals interested in volunteering can call GUM’s volunteer services director, GAIL GORE-LEWIS 271.5959 ext 305 to get started.
- If you wish to apply for emergency assistance for UTILITIES, you can walk in on Monday and Wednesday 8:30am – 3:30pm without an appointment. Any other day an appointment must be made by calling the hotline # 336.553.2657.
- If you are seeking help with Rent or Morgage, you must do so by making an appointment, please call the hotline # 336.553.2657.
- We have increased the number of times a household can receive food assistance from 5x a year to 12x a year! (Once per month)
- We have limited the number of people allowed in the front lobby at one time in order to maintain social distancing.
- We are in need of donations to the Food Pantry. We are especially low on Peanut butter, canned meats & canned fruits. The address for the Food Pantry Loading dock (drop off location) is 1002 S. Eugene Street, Greensboro, NC, 27406.
- Potter’s House Community Kitchen will serve lunch TO-GO only effective Monday, March 16th. We will continue our regular lunch hours of 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. The breakfast meal will also be served to-go starting Wednesday, March 18th.
- All activities, workshops & events at Partnership Village have been suspended until further notice.
- To inquire about or make an application for the Partnership Village Program(PV), please call the PV office (336-286-6401).
- The SPRING FOOD DRIVE that was to be held April 24th & 25th has been postponed until further notice. Also, Serving Greensboro Together has been postponed. Stay tuned for announcements of new dates.
- The “Shelter Beautification Contest” is still underway but we have extended the deadline for entries and will accept submissions throughout 2020. Judges will convene and begin choosing submissions as soon as the health crisis subsides.