Current program changes & needs:
This page will be updated on a regular basis so please check back for additional updates.
- We are open and all GUM programs have continued to operate since the health crisis began.
- GUM’s Emergency Assistance FOOD PANTRY is open FIVE days a week. MONDAY – FRIDAY from 9:30am – 3:30pm. APPLICANTS CAN COME TWICE PER MONTH. Bring a photo ID and a copy of your SS Card or official documentation containing your SS# or ITIN. Be prepared to complete an application.
- If you wish to apply for emergency assistance for RENT or UTILITIES, an appointment must be made by calling the hotline # 336.553.2657.
- We have increased the number of times a household can receive food assistance from 5x a year to 24x a year! (twice per month)
- We have limited the number of people allowed in the front lobby at one time in order to maintain social distancing.
- Healthy volunteers are needed to help fill grocery orders in the Food Pantry (Tu, Thurs, & Fri) and Potter’s House community kitchen can use volunteers to help package and hand out to-go meals during breakfast and lunch. Individuals interested in volunteering can call GUM’s volunteer services director, GAIL GORE-LEWIS 271.5959 ext 305 to get started.
- We are in need of donations to the Food Pantry. We are especially low on Peanut butter, canned meats & canned fruits. The address for the Food Pantry Loading dock (drop off location) is 1002 S. Eugene Street, Greensboro, NC, 27406.
- Potter’s House Community Kitchen is serving lunch TO-GO only until further notice. We will continue our regular lunch hours of 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. The breakfast meal will also be served to-go.
- All activities, workshops & events at Partnership Village have been suspended until further notice.
- To inquire about or make an application for the Partnership Village Program(PV), please call the PV office (336-286-6401).
- The “Shelter Beautification Contest” is still underway but we have extended the deadline for entries and will accept submissions throughout 2020. Judges will convene and begin choosing submissions as soon as the health crisis subsides.