Hunger is a persistent problem for many in our community, particularly during the summer months when food pantry shelves are often bare. Help Greensboro Urban Ministry ensure that everyone is free from hunger this summer by participating in the Freedom from Hunger Community Food Drive.
Sponsored by Greensboro Urban Ministry, the City of Greensboro, Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, Christ United Methodist Church, First Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian, Friendly Avenue Baptist Church, Grace Church United Methodist, New Garden Friends Meeting, Starmount Presbyterian, VF Corporation, and West Market Street UMC, the drive seeks to provide freedom from hunger by “Feeding the 5,000” and collecting 90,000 lbs. of food. Beginning July 1st and concluding on Sunday, August 3rd, when many congregations will be reading Matthew 14:13-21, regarding the feeding of the five thousand, during their worship service.
Donations can be made at Greensboro Urban Ministry, or at a sponsoring location:
• City of Greensboro Offices
• Christ UMC, 410 N Holden Road, Greensboro
• First Lutheran Church, 3600 West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro
• First Presbyterian, 617 N Elm Street, Greensboro
• Friendly Avenue Baptist Church, 4800 West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro
• Grace Church United Methodist, 438 West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro
• Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, 342 N Elm St, Greensboro
• New Garden Friends Meeting, 801 New Garden Road, Greensboro
• Starmount Presbyterian, 3501 W Market Street, Greensboro
• VF Corporation
• West Market Street UMC, 302 W Market St, Greensboro
Or, start a Freedom from Hunger Food Drive at your place of work or faith community! For details on starting your own food drive, please contact Val Marshall, Greensboro Urban Ministry Food Bank Office Manager, 336.553.2672, or firstname.lastname@example.org.